What are you doing this (early) June? You’re looking into an internship opportunity with POPULOUS!
POPULOUS is a global architecture and design firm that creates the places where people love to be together, like Yankee Stadium, the London Olympics, and the Super Bowl. Over the last 30 years, the firm has designed more than 2,500 projects worth $40 billion across emerging and established markets. Populous’ comprehensive services include architecture, interior design, event planning and overlay, environmental graphics and wayfinding, master planning, landscape design, urban planning and sustainable design consulting. With regional headquarters in Kansas City, London, and Brisbane, Populous has 18 offices on four continents.
The graphic design intern will support the Kansas City brand activation team from May to August 2019. Duties will range day-to-day, but would include:
• Creating new collateral materials and templates based on global brand guide
• Collaborating within a team of graphic designers and marketers on visual needs
• Developing new graphic design ideas, as needed
• Researching technological interfacing and its’ intersection while designing environments
• Assist in developing wayfinding plans in environmental spaces
Skills and Qualifications:
• Graphic design portfolio required
• Current college student in graphic design, marketing or other related field
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Experience working with brand and style guides
• Requires strong layout/editorial and typographic skills that will work in both print and digital applications
• Strong analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as appropriate and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-starter, curious, and willing to learn
• Qualified candidates must demonstrate unmatched skills in graphic design; the ability to multi-task and a passion for quality, creative work
• Portfolio images that demonstrate strong conceptual/design skills, trend-focused color palettes, excellent aesthetic judgment, and use of type
• Portfolio images that demonstrate strong illustration skills with a variety of techniques, styles, subject matter, application
• Portfolio images that demonstrate ability to apply design and illustration to multiple formats and products
To apply, visit https://populous.com/career-listings.