Design Internship (Summer 2018 - Paid)
At Wally-Gro, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy working within an environment that celebrates your talents and encourages personal and professional growth.
This design internship is for the creative that enjoys all components of design; social media layouts, traditional printing, and web/interface design (not html buildout). WallyGro works with leading interior designers (exc., Dabito), innovative furniture companies (exc., Joybird), and has installs in some of the world’s most progressive spaces (exc., Tesla Gigafactoray and Paramount Records). WallyGro has warehouses in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Portugal, Australia, and New Zealand.
Day to Day: The design intern will work with our creative team, digital media firm and will report directly to upper management. This is a paid internship and is well suited for the creative that is looking to explore different elements of design as it pertains to consumer product goods, social good branding, and online community development.
- Design compelling infographics to communicate company sustainability
- Explore use of video or imagery layout to enhance the consumer appeal of the product line
- Build PSD mock ups showing potential living walls layouts for clients
- Create and upload imagery to website and/or social platforms (Shopify based)
- Social media image curating; collecting influencer images, editing images, and/or shooting images in-house
- Design graphics for email marketing newsletters
Required: Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
Preferred: Basic understanding of Squarespace and/or Shopify web platforms, ability to shoot with DSLR camera, and/or light video editing capabilities (iMovie or Premiere skills).
Additional Skills: Excellent communication skills; ability to manage inbox and tight deadlines.
If interested, please email Callie@wallygro.com
Must include resume (or letter of interest) and link to current portfolio