Knowledge is Empowerment
This is a truth we embrace at AAF-KC, and it's a truth we'd like to spread, which is why the American Advertising Federation of Kansas City Foundation, Inc. was established after the sale of our downtown building at 9th & Baltimore in the 1980's. Those funds have been used ever since to promote and provide for advertising education, especially in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The Foundation was initially funded by AAF-KC. Since then, generous individuals have stepped forward and contributed to the growth of the Foundation's assets, along with additional contributions from AAF-KC.
Every year, the Foundation awards scholarships to those college student applicants who show an intense and earnest desire to empower themselves with knowledge of the advertising, communications, marketing or graphic arts industries.
The Foundation Scholarship includes:
- Financial assistance of $750 per semester
- The support and counsel of a mentor from the membership of the AAF-KC
- One-year membership in the American Advertising Federation of Kansas City and AAF National
- Invitations to attend all regular program activities of AAF-KC at no cost while in school (excludes annual ADDY Awards show)
- All event and other mailings from AAF-KC
To be eligible, students must:
- Be at least a junior (3rd year) in the fall of 2018 - seniors in fall 2018 that are graduating in December 2018 are also eligible for one semester scholarships
- Be enrolled at an eligible school - full list is on step 2 of the form
- Be majoring in an advertising industry-related field
The application will take you 30 to 60 minutes to complete. You can complete part of it and come back to finish later if you wish - use the link at the top right if so. Please contact Kyle Rohde, Foundation president, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. All applications must be completed by 11:59 PM on February 28, 2018.