We are Dimensional Innovations. We are a diverse group of graphic designers, industrial designers, architects and interior designers that collaborate on projects for sports venues, movie theatres, museums, corporate offices and many other project types around the country.
We are looking for a talented designer to join our team. We are unique for sure. We don’t do the same thing every day. We are out to do things that have never been done before. If you’re into that sort of thing, we want to talk to you.
The Interior/Graphic Design position is mid-level position within DI’s Custom Design Department. The position requires demonstrated qualifications and skill set to contribute to and highly impact a Project’s successful design solution. It also includes some project-based leadership accountabilities and responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, creative environment providing research and developing interior concepts that provide unique and original design solutions
- Execute and deliver solutions with speed and quality, keeping the client’s needs top of mind
- Possess spatial and environmental design ability, branding development, story creation and graphic design sensibility
- Hand sketch, digitally render or illustrate solutions throughout a variety of Design Phases: Conceptual, Schematic, Design Development and Construction Documentation
- Demonstrate ability to lead project related coordination efforts between architectural partners and internal team members
- Incorporate Project Leadership’s (ECD, CD and/or Lead Designer’s) direction and feedback into proposed design solutions
- Lead client presentations and communications as assigned
- Manage and maintain the DI Interiors library and work as the liaison between DI and Interiors Manufacturers
- Exude a “Go where needed" attitude and outlook
- Participate in process improvement and best practices within the department
We are seeking candidates with:
- Proficiency in Revit, Illustrator, CadTools, and Sketchup (or Max) required
- Photoshop and InDesign experience a plus
- Knowledge of interior materials and manufacturers is required
- Excellent visual, written and spoken communication skills
- Quality control of design documents
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sketching skills, with ability to create quick sketches to sell an idea
- Detailed knowledge of signage & wayfinding materials and fabrication techniques, as well as ADA code requirements preferred
- Strong commitment to design process, including concept generation and ideation
- High energy level, exceptional organizational skills and a keen eye for detail, including analytical problem solving skills
- Construction Documentation and Construction Administration experience is preferred
- 3-5 Years of Design Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic, Interior, Industrial or other Professional Design related program
- Professional certifications a plus. (AIA, SEGD, AIGA, LEED, etc.)
- Participation and/or leadership in professional design organizations a plus
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position with benefits available including a 401(k) with a company match and company profit sharing. It’s also worth mentioning that we have a great culture with family events, monthly “Free Lunch Fridays” for employees and numerous other outrageous events! We love what we do here! Please view our website (www.dimin.com) to view more of our projects.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Shelby Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org. A portfolio for us to review is also essential. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background screen. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.