Join Our Team! – Internship Program
Are you ready to kick-start your advertising career? To experience fast-paced, creative, agency life? Look no further than the Walz Tetrick Summer Internship Program! We are searching for interns to work closely with the Walz Tetrick team and fellow interns to learn the business, serve clients and develop their marketing and advertising skills.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, able to multitask, and inspired by unexpected advertising strategies. Candidates should also be eager to learn and willing to go above and beyond.
We are seeking interns in Account Services, Design and Media. You’ll be an integral part of the WTA team and will contribute to your department’s efforts beginning on your very first day.
What You’ll Do:
– Participate in internal meetings and agency events
– Assist with departmental client projects
– Attend client and/or team meetings
– Coordinate client and internal tasks and materials
– Collaborate with fellow interns to complete an advertising campaign
– Assist with research for new business and client opportunities
– Participate in brainstorms
– Contribute to event coordination
What We Expect:
– Current undergraduate juniors or seniors
– Available for the entire length of the program with minimal to no interruption; the program will run from June 5 – July 28.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– A strong interest in gaining hands-on professional experience in marketing/advertising
– Strong understanding of traditional, digital and social media
– Strong organizational skills, including the ability and willingness to work on a variety of projects
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
– Enthusiasm to take on any task
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
– Exceptional work ethic, proactive, detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
– Creative applicants will have experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Walz Tetrick was once a start-up, way back in 1967, and key to its staying power is its start-up power. The full-service marketing and media agency approaches each client, each project, each day with the fresh and feisty attitude of a start-up. Solely owned and operated by Charlie Tetrick since 1990, the agency offers a think-tank environment for clients at all stages of the business cycle.
Clients (partial list):
Kansas City Royals, American Royal, Boy Scouts of America, Cerner Corporation, Dairy Queen, Discover Vision Center, Furniture Deals, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Lockton Companies, Lyric Opera, Missouri Mavericks, Olathe Health, Park University, State of Kansas, CHI Health, VanBrock Jewelers
RESUMES DUE MARCH 10
Pay is $8/hour, possibly more
Interested? Excited? We are too!
Email us your resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org