Work with alumni Nick Howland to promote music with design.
email | email@example.com
About Playlist Play
The world is literally filled with music. There’s a person picking up an instrument today for the first time and some others huddled around a computer putting their band’s first track on the internet in hopes of getting noticed. On the other side of this screen are just a few dorks trying to listen to as many of those songs as possible and spread the word about all the incredible musicians putting themselves out there.
We believe that most bands don’t fully get to tell their story, whether that’s because people aren’t aware of them or because it gets lost in the pre-canned questions of sometimes overly-structured interviews. We aim to challenge that by looking for bands that maybe haven’t gotten noticed just yet or don’t have too many listeners. Bands that have killer music that needs to be heard and stories that need to be told. Playlistplay is a platform for those voices as well a space to learn about those bands, discover music, discuss it, and be part of a music-focused community.
- Work with the core Playlistplay team to innovate and disrupt the online music industry through badass and meaningful visual storytelling.
- Create various projects ranging from printed gig posters to playlist illustrations to website layout and even new features on the site.
- Work with pre-existing design patterns and create new ones that are seen by an ever-growing PLP audience.
- Work closely with the editor, creative director, writers, and the rest of the PLP team.
- Work with partner companies like Sofar Sounds and Do816 and create custom designs for curated events like concerts.
- Help shape the company through team discussions and designing new and interesting features.
- Work on some “blue sky” designs that are future facing and exciting.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A strong portfolio that shows skills in composition, typography, illustration, and web design (WordPress is a plus).
- Pursuing or already have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or illustration.
- A curious personality who is hungry to learn and ready to have fun.
- It’s ok if you don’t know something but be ready to take on a challenge and learn when provided.
- Intermediate (minimum) experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, concepting, and pen and paper.
- Know how to receive and give constructive criticism.
- A self-starter willing to identity and go after problem areas and projects.
- A vigilant attention to detail.
- Organized thinker that is happy to work with systems.