The graphic design intern will work on average of 10-20 hours per week during the upcoming Fall 2016 Semester. The designer will create and produce visual communications for internal and external audiences for H&R Block. They will need to develop ideas, think creatively and work with senior- level designers to produce final creative that is brand compliant. Pay is $15-$18 per hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and set up production ready files and layouts for a wide range of marketing collateral which may include direct mail, merchandising, brochures, flyers, billboards, training/education materials, logos, etc.
- Manage tight deadlines, shifting priorities and last-minute requests.
- Create and solve design problems both alone and as a part of a team, take on responsibility for projects from start to finish.
- Implement brand graphic standards in all marketing materials to maintain brand consistency and integrity.
- Prepare files for the print production processes, ensuring production timelines are met in a deadline sensitive environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT –
Normal office environment.
Special Physical Requirements – N/A
Travel – None required.
Education - Two years of study in Graphic Design or related field.
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Creative ability, layout and graphic design skills.
- Self-starter with effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong detail orientation to ensure accuracy of work and legal compliance.
- Ability to closely collaborate with design team and internal partners as well as work
- Currently enrolled in Graphic Design classes.
- Candidates must present a current portfolio.
- Proficiency in Mac environment, Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Photo manipulation of digital images (resize, crop, color correct, remove objects).
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
to apply, contact Korri Rodriguez at email@example.com