juniors and seniors may want to consider a possible internship at the guggenheim this spring. obviously it would set you back a year at kcai, but perhaps the experience of living in new york would make it work your while. also, we have a good amount of alumni there you could meet up with. more info here.
Design KCAI's annual Sprung Formal zine in this class with Jordan Stempleman
T| 5:30 PM-8:20 PM in Baty 100
"This class will explore the history of small press publishing and the role of literary magazines, past and present. We will study the rise of the small magazine, the mimeo revolution, and the zine movement, as well as alternative methods of literary publication including new media, installation, performance, and sound.
This class will culminate in the publication of the KCAI-based magazine, Sprung Formal. By the end of this course you will have learned about the history of the small magazine, surveyed contemporary small magazines, and learned and applied various elements of magazine production, including editorial, design, and publicity in the creation of Sprung Formal, KCAI’s literary magazine.
[In 2008, Sprung Formal, known then as Spring Formal, won the AWP National Program Director’s Prize for Undergraduate Literary Magazines in design.]"
Win money with your photos! Submit photos at $5.95/photo and be entered to win up to $2000 and a Fujifilm camera. Send your submissions now!
Deadline: October 16th, 2017 // December 4th, 2017
TO ENTER ONLINE :: Image Specifications
- Image Size should have a long dimension of at least 1000 pixels and no more than 3000 pixels
- Save file as (JPG) with maximum quality
- Color Space should be Adobe1998, sRGB or untagged color space
- File Size should be no more than 4 Mb
- All Uploaded Entries are FINAL and Cannot be Replaced, Deleted or Edited by Photographer’s Forum Magazine
- Enter black & white or color prints or slides.
- Prints must be unmounted 9×12 or smaller.
- Label every photo with your name and address, and indicate which edge is the top.
- Make checks payable to Photographer’s Forum.
- All entries must include payment, entry form, and photographs.
- If sending prints or slides, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of work.
- Photos will be returned in April 2018. Work with no SASE will be discarded.
Work with alumni Nick Howland to promote music with design. email: email@example.comRead More
harvesters, whose mission is to feed hungry people today and work to end hunger tomorrow, is looking for creative help with a component of their annual "fed up fest", happening at crossroads kc, behind grinders on oct 14.
"fed up fest" is a music, food, and fun event benefitting harvesters that allows access to amazing live music, food trucks, games, food tastings, and opportunities to help harvesters while learning more about what they have to offer.
where you come in: harvesters is looking to raise curiosity about what they do in relation to making healthy, fresh foods available to the community - that health is a focus at harvesters. they are more than a canned goods distribution center. they are looking to do this in a way that is super fun, engaging, and possibly so off-the-wall as to be utterly unforgettable. it should be something that attracts attention at the fest, is a must-do photo opportunity, and can be re-used at future events.
the next step for people who encounter this amazingness that you create would be for them to get involved in some way – by looking to donate, to volunteer, or going to the website to learn more about harvesters.
if you are interested in this pro-bono opportunity, please contact tyler galloway at tgalloway [at] kcai.edu by wed sept 13.
Hufft is looking for a full-time Digital, Marketing and Graphics Coordinator to join our team. This position resides in the Marketing Department and will provide support in the areas of digital and social media, marketing assistance and graphic design to all divisions at Hufft: Design, Fabricate and Build. Our ideal candidate is versatilely skilled in these overlapping and complementary areas that support the mission and vision of the company through marketing efforts.
While the Marketing Department is largely a support function to the entire company, it is a vital organ: without its reliance and superb work, there would be no business. This department is the backbone of the brand, which our multidisciplinary projects physically represent. This position will have the opportunity to work with multiple team members across a variety of projects, but will have daily involvement with the Principal of Marketing/Brand, Marketing Coordinator, and Principals in charge of creative.
- Continuous implementation of brand standards across all platforms
- Layout and execution of collateral material, new business proposals, invitations, presentations, super graphics, in-house documents, and more, for both the digital and printed space
- Assist in upkeep of printed collateral
- Execution of social media strategy
- Basic maintenance of website
- Basic internal photography of projects and events
- three years’ experience in a similar role
- Deadline focused while also being able to respond positively to last minute requests
- Someone who enjoys working collaboratively within a team
- Clear communicator
- Highly organized
- Proficiency with all industry relevant social media platforms
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite Programs: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with still and motion photography
- Adobe Premier and Adobe After Effects considered a plus
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurances
- Simple IRA savings plan with up to 3% company match
- Discounted gym membership
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
Please email resumes for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charlotte Street Foundation identifies the needs and fuels the evolution of an ever-changing arts community in Kansas City. Charlotte Street cultivates the contemporary, the exceptional, and the unexpected in the practice of artists working in and engaging with the Kansas City art community. Since 1997, Charlotte Street has distributed over $1.1 million in awards and grants to artists and their innovative projects, and connected individual artists to each other and to the greater Kansas City community. For more information about Charlotte Street, its awards, programs, and initiatives, visit our website.
Charlotte Street Foundation’s Graphic Design Internship position is a part-time opportunity created to help up-and-coming illustrators and graphic artists gather more experience within the world of marketing. CSF is currently celebrating its 20th year in existence and has been hosting events all over to Kansas City to celebrate. The team at Charlotte Street is small, caring, and encouraging of a fun and creative work environment. CSF interns can build their portfolio material by working on projects including (but not limited to):
• Event postcards
• Open call business cards
• Program posters
• Anniversary book project
• Informational guides
• Event handbills
• Website ads and banners
• Social media images and GIFs
• Video graphics and animation
• Must at least be taking 6 college credits in the Fall 2017 semester
• Experience and proficiency in Adobe Programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
• Resume and design portfolio to present
• Available to work at least 6 hours a week (1-2 hours onsite, other hours negotiable)
• Be able to manage various tasks and deadlines
• Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in a timely manner
• A positive attitude and interest in promoting other artists
• A strong interest in supporting the Kansas City art community
• Has access to equipment and resources to work
• Experience with Adobe Programs such as Premiere and After Effects
• Willingness to work within a newly established brand
For interest in this position, please email Mason Kilpatrick (Marketing + Communications Manager) at email@example.com. See also, for reference, a PDF document of Charlotte Street’s branding and logo guide.
We are looking for bright and creative interns to work with our high caliber Marketing Department. The position will offer the right candidate invaluable art/design experience at a well-established, well-reputed museum. We would prefer a full-time intern or part-time, as we have a small staff and therefore rely on our interns to perform a variety of tasks relating to the creative development of museum marketing. If full-time is not possible, we will take part-time interns who would be able to commit to working their preferred college credit hours.
- Graphic Design majors/other majors welcome to apply.
- They will need to be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Programs.
- Academic credit available per their required semester hours for their educational institution.
to apply, contact Kat Mitchell, the Integrated Marketing Coordinator [kmitchell at kemperart.org]. include a resume and work samples or a portfolio website link.
EDIT: this position is also offered as an internship. something to consider for the summer.
The Interactive Designer candidate is creative, energetic, and deeply knowledgeable about the latest web technologies and has a passion for creating online experiences. This is a challenging job that offers the right person an opportunity to contribute to the changing face of Internet marketing. The candidate works with the technology and client service teams for day-to-day development and enhancements of client marketing campaigns using email, landing pages, and video.
This candidate should excel in all components of web design, from concept to in-market maintenance. The candidate for this position is expected to work with minimal direction in creating interactive marketing campaigns and other online products from prototype, wire-frames, comps, or other high-concept documents to a finished product. Position also includes video production and editing for online use, assisting with in-studio shoots and post-production.
- Fluent in HTML/CSS
- Working experience with video editing, post-production and motion graphics
- Solid understanding of website and interface design
- Must be able to independently take projects from conception to finish
- Work well under pressure and able to meet aggressive deadlines; able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand a dynamic database environment, a willingness to learn new technologies, and a desire to bring new ideas to the table
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Daily usage of online communication tools such as blogging, IM, social media, web conferencing, project management applications, etc.
To apply for this position please visit, www.softvu.com/careers.
*SoftVu is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We just got our internship program approved --- we are seeking qualified students asap (up to 2). Let me know if you have any interested candidates & any paperwork we may need to fill out to be compliant with the school's intern placement programs. This is a paid internship located in North Kansas City -- although not so glamorous on the design projects -- they would be my production assistant on upcoming catalogs & assist with product file-prep for print & web.
(A random caveat: candidate can not be a member of PETA or animal-rights activist & it's better if they are not a vegetarian, as we deal with the meat-processing industry & products)
Let me know if you have any questions --- I'll be scouting for students on portfolio review day as well
Bunzl Processor Division
Marketing Department Intern
2-3 days per week, M/W/F or T/Th depending on student schedule
PAID $7.70/hr + school credit & grade
1. Act as a Production Designer and support both Print/Traditional Design and Interactive teams.
2. Assist with weekly and monthly marketing department tasks as directed by Marketing Manager.
3. Learn about Bunzl products, vendors and consumer relationships
4. Receive school credit and a final grade for participating in our program.
Tasks are ongoing and may vary by week and project type.
• Mac computers are used in this Department
• Above average skills using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator)
• Basic knowledge of MicroSoft Office (Word, Excel) with typing skills
• Preferred but not required: knowledge of html, wordpress, social media posting
• Reliable transportation and cell phone
Candidate must submit resume and online portfolio link (or 8-10 portfolio pdfs) & in-person interview
SPECIFIC PROJECT TASKS
Print/ Traditional Design:
• COB, format & retouch all New product images from both vendors & in-house photoshoots for Buyers Guide, At a Glance & Cost Cutter usage.
• Assist in digital organizing of Support Server photos by section type & color coding (both backlogged images and New Incoming items)
• Assist in product photo setup/ modeling & stand-in as needed/ organize vendor samples
• Organize and maintain backlog of monthly print mailers for EOY vendor re-cap
• Design support for one-sheets, product bulletins, mailers, ads, tradeshow flyers, easel posters and signage
• Support tradeshow product organizing as needed per Joel
Web/ Interactive Design:
• Re-size & reformat all current product images for web usage – multiple angles/colors/usages for website product presentation pages compared to Buyers Guide.
• Re-size & reformat all New product images for web usage (after formatting for Buyers Guide) – multiple angles/colors/usages or website product presentation pages
• Review each online product section and compare to Buyers Guide &/or other current Print Catalogs (i.e. Humane Stunning). Note any missing products &/or changes in photos and information. Prepare updates for Interactive Team.
• Assist in digital organizing of web server photos and ads by section type & color coding
• Design support for online vendor ads as needed
• Research online spec items as necessary & directed by Interactive team
Graphic Designer, Marketing Dept.
Bunzl Processor Division
528 E. 19th Ave • North Kansas City, MO 64116
This is a part time opportunity, locations is in the “Caves” in Kansas City, North, near Worlds of Fun. The timeframe is March 1, 2017 to May 31, 2017. pay is $14.75 per hour.
Two individuals are needed who can physically hand write in different types of fonts (like a feminine style and masculine style) as an example. The manager would like some sample from the candidates and it can literally be them writing in the different font styles that they know.
Candidates should contact Jayne Johnson at 913-649-9393. There will be specific phrases to write.
Join Our Team! – Internship Program
Are you ready to kick-start your advertising career? To experience fast-paced, creative, agency life? Look no further than the Walz Tetrick Summer Internship Program! We are searching for interns to work closely with the Walz Tetrick team and fellow interns to learn the business, serve clients and develop their marketing and advertising skills.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, able to multitask, and inspired by unexpected advertising strategies. Candidates should also be eager to learn and willing to go above and beyond.
We are seeking interns in Account Services, Design and Media. You’ll be an integral part of the WTA team and will contribute to your department’s efforts beginning on your very first day.
What You’ll Do:
– Participate in internal meetings and agency events
– Assist with departmental client projects
– Attend client and/or team meetings
– Coordinate client and internal tasks and materials
– Collaborate with fellow interns to complete an advertising campaign
– Assist with research for new business and client opportunities
– Participate in brainstorms
– Contribute to event coordination
What We Expect:
– Current undergraduate juniors or seniors
– Available for the entire length of the program with minimal to no interruption; the program will run from June 5 – July 28.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– A strong interest in gaining hands-on professional experience in marketing/advertising
– Strong understanding of traditional, digital and social media
– Strong organizational skills, including the ability and willingness to work on a variety of projects
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
– Enthusiasm to take on any task
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
– Exceptional work ethic, proactive, detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
– Creative applicants will have experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Walz Tetrick was once a start-up, way back in 1967, and key to its staying power is its start-up power. The full-service marketing and media agency approaches each client, each project, each day with the fresh and feisty attitude of a start-up. Solely owned and operated by Charlie Tetrick since 1990, the agency offers a think-tank environment for clients at all stages of the business cycle.
Clients (partial list):
Kansas City Royals, American Royal, Boy Scouts of America, Cerner Corporation, Dairy Queen, Discover Vision Center, Furniture Deals, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Lockton Companies, Lyric Opera, Missouri Mavericks, Olathe Health, Park University, State of Kansas, CHI Health, VanBrock Jewelers
RESUMES DUE MARCH 10
Pay is $8/hour, possibly more
Interested? Excited? We are too!
Email us your resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Prairie is a full-service digital marketing and advertising agency focused on clients whose products and services enhance the quality of life and create a healthier world. We are looking for an intern for the summer! Applicants for this nine-week, paid position should be a current junior. More information about our internship program can be found here.
To apply, send a portfolio and resume to Emily Mullett at email@example.com
As a graphic artist, you know the power behind dynamic visual design. Here’s your opportunity to use your creative talent toward a vision larger than any one of us can accomplish alone. Christian Alliance for Orphans is looking for a graphic design intern to start immediately.Read More
We are Dimensional Innovations. We are a diverse group of graphic designers, industrial designers, architects and interior designers that collaborate on projects for sports venues, movie theatres, museums, corporate offices and many other project types around the country.
We are looking for a talented designer to join our team. We are unique for sure. We don’t do the same thing every day. We are out to do things that have never been done before. If you’re into that sort of thing, we want to talk to you.
The Interior/Graphic Design position is mid-level position within DI’s Custom Design Department. The position requires demonstrated qualifications and skill set to contribute to and highly impact a Project’s successful design solution. It also includes some project-based leadership accountabilities and responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, creative environment providing research and developing interior concepts that provide unique and original design solutions
- Execute and deliver solutions with speed and quality, keeping the client’s needs top of mind
- Possess spatial and environmental design ability, branding development, story creation and graphic design sensibility
- Hand sketch, digitally render or illustrate solutions throughout a variety of Design Phases: Conceptual, Schematic, Design Development and Construction Documentation
- Demonstrate ability to lead project related coordination efforts between architectural partners and internal team members
- Incorporate Project Leadership’s (ECD, CD and/or Lead Designer’s) direction and feedback into proposed design solutions
- Lead client presentations and communications as assigned
- Manage and maintain the DI Interiors library and work as the liaison between DI and Interiors Manufacturers
- Exude a “Go where needed" attitude and outlook
- Participate in process improvement and best practices within the department
We are seeking candidates with:
- Proficiency in Revit, Illustrator, CadTools, and Sketchup (or Max) required
- Photoshop and InDesign experience a plus
- Knowledge of interior materials and manufacturers is required
- Excellent visual, written and spoken communication skills
- Quality control of design documents
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sketching skills, with ability to create quick sketches to sell an idea
- Detailed knowledge of signage & wayfinding materials and fabrication techniques, as well as ADA code requirements preferred
- Strong commitment to design process, including concept generation and ideation
- High energy level, exceptional organizational skills and a keen eye for detail, including analytical problem solving skills
- Construction Documentation and Construction Administration experience is preferred
- 3-5 Years of Design Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic, Interior, Industrial or other Professional Design related program
- Professional certifications a plus. (AIA, SEGD, AIGA, LEED, etc.)
- Participation and/or leadership in professional design organizations a plus
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position with benefits available including a 401(k) with a company match and company profit sharing. It’s also worth mentioning that we have a great culture with family events, monthly “Free Lunch Fridays” for employees and numerous other outrageous events! We love what we do here! Please view our website (www.dimin.com) to view more of our projects.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Shelby Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org. A portfolio for us to review is also essential. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background screen. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Puerto Rican Society of Greater Kansas City a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and preserve our culture and tradition by educating the community and empowering Puerto Ricans in the GKC area. We are exclusively organized for charitable, educational and cultural purposes.
The organization is looking for a logo design that will incorporate both Puerto Rico and Greater Kansas City.
Freelancer willing to work with non-profit organization
Demonstrate excellent graphic design skills
Understand Latin culture as well as the Kansas City Metro area.
Must be proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
Ability to meet project deadline oriented
Must be a Junior or Senior
Must have an online portfolio demonstrating strong design skills and cultural design sense
Ability to work directly with Board of Directors to work on logo design concept
Demonstrate ability to execute and communicate creative vision
Compensation: Up for negotiations depending on qualifications and requirements
Deadline: December 16th by 5 PM
Contact: Carmen Mendez, President
Puerto Rico Society of Greater Kansas City
caleb taylor and steve snell in the foundation department at kcai are interested in working with an advanced GD student work help them with materials related to the upcoming FATE Conference. they are able to offer this as a paid internship in the form of a small stipend ($700) that would cover the work performed over the upcoming spring semester. this individual would work a majority of their hours for the internship prior to August 1 (the conference is august 5th-8th, 2017). specifically, they would work with caleb taylor, steve snell, and the FATE board to design and produce the conference program, an exhibition brochure, and miscellaneous take-aways for conference attendees (sounds like great portfolio pieces!). they have already completed conference branding (logos) and a few other announcements, so the intern would be responsible for working with and beyond these determined images.
interested students should submit an email stating interest in the position along with a resume and relevant work samples (multi-page pdf or website link) to caleb at email@example.com by friday dec 9 (the last day of classes).
juniors, take a serious look at the summer session of this internship. could be amazing!
The IBM Design Maelstrom internship is only offered in Austin, TX and is for students currently enrolled in a design program. We currently have a few spots left for the Solstice (Winter) Session which runs January 9th to March 17th 2017. This is an amazing opportunity for your students to deepen their knowledge and skill set in a very unique way. Check out our youtube video on the Maelstrom experience: Maelstrom YouTube
IBM Design pays for transportation and housing during the 10 week stay. The internship also includes generous compensation. If your students would like to be considered for the Solstice (Winter) session, please have them submit their portfolio through the IBM Design Careers page here. They may also apply for the Swelter (Summer) Session which runs June 12th to Aug 18th. We will start hiring for that session in a few weeks! They may indicate which session they are interested in on the application.
two positions: graphic design and developer
We work with small and large clients both in the corporate and retail sector. Responsibilities would include concepting, design and layout for packaging design, branding, environmental graphics and some store front displays. They need to have an eye for great typography and layout skills. Hours would vary and would be flexible as we know students are still in school.
For the developer, we are looking into someone efficient in square space, shopify and wordpress.
Our office is located in the crossroads. Working remotely is an option for flexibility if needed. This would be paid. We range from $10-15/hr.
Send portfolios (pdf), or website link, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.